Thursday, July 21, 2005

He Really Can Spark My Memories

So last night I was listening to Andrew McMahon of Something Corporate and Jack's Mannequin on KROCK2 Hack'd and that boy just absolutely tore my heart out. Most of the songs he played brought back so many memories of growing up and having music in the house at any given moment. When he played 'America' by Simon and Garfunkel, I cried. Simon and Garfunkel were my mother's favorite group. I remember listening to the Album 'Bridge over Troubled Water' and falling in love with their sound and lyrics. Then Andrew played 'God Only Knows' by The Beach Boys and explained how that record, "Pet Sound's" changed his life. Our house was full of The Beach Boys, my mother being a California Girl; I have a hard time hearing them as well. That song is so beautiful and sweet it would melt any girls’ heart.

Then he made me laugh by saying how boring he was and I was thinking hardly. I thought he was absolutely entertaining and genuine, I'm glad he was having fun too. I wonder if he recorded this show before he got sick or after. I just posted that question on the 'The Messengers' forum, so we'll see.

Any way, it's really interesting to me how easily I can relate to this guy and not even know him on a personal level.

That's all for now.

No comments: