Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Breakfast .... who knew!!!

So this morning I woke up from a toss 'n turn night. Finally got to sleep around 12:30pm. I know not that late, except for me. I'm usually in bed and asleep by 10:30pm, so the additional 2 hours of turning and 'trying' to get comfortable made me extra tired this morning. So I was a little late dragging my butt out of bed, 6:45pm instead of 5:30am. Shorten my routine quite a bit. Anyway, I decided I would skip breakfast, because I didn't want to be late for work this morning too! So by 9:15 I was almost sleeping on my desk, not good or productive! I thought to myself maybe eating would get me some energy and I'll wake up a bit more. Yeah I know -- I'm brilliant!! So I went down to the cafe/deli & ordered some French toast and Sausage to get a few food groups at once -- eggs, bread, milk and meat.

Well -- I feel so much better that I had to write it down so I don't forget next time. I mean when you really think about it of course breakfast is important!! We haven't eaten since usually 6pm if we're good and 8pm if we're not. That's like 10 - 12 hours without eating!!! That's crazy!! Granted sleeping - not really burning that much energy, but still our bodies are working, repairing, and regenerating. Have you ever weighed yourself before bed and then in the moring when you wake within the same 12 hours?? I have and I've weighed 4 pounds more at night then in the morning!! Which means I worked off 4 pounds sleeping! Totally nuts!!

Any way, enough ranting. Long story short -- EAT BREAKFAST!!!!

No comments: