Saturday, July 24, 2010

Couch to 5K??? OR a new workout routine ....

I've been going to Pilates as part of my Physical Therapy for about 2 month now. I go about twice a week and I love it!!! It's a private session with a great lady named Penny Compton. She as so much energy, it would drive me nuts except she has the attitude of a rainbow -- all blue skies and butterflies AND no SUGAR -- which means she doesn't sugar coat or patronize me, which I appreciate so much! Also, I get massages in between our sessions from a great Thai girl -- SaWang -- she is fantastic!!!

So last night as I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep I decided ~ ~ I am trying out this new workout routine .... it's called Couch to 5K.

Basically it's an iPod App or Podcast {which I have had for 4 months :-( } that works you through walking and jogging/running to get you into shape for a 5K run. Now don't get all excited I'm not doing a 5K, I just what to get back into shape. I saw myself in a picture or as others see me and got really freaked because I have become really overweight. Somehow I missed it until now -- I know the scale says a number I won't discuss but I didn't realize how I looked, hence the new routine. I started it on a Saturday for a reason, I wanted to know I would feel after the workout so I could decide if I wanted to do it before or after work -- it's after!! I took a really long time (30 minutes) to 'cool' down after so trying to shower and get ready for work would be really frustrating, so its' after!

So I will 'try' to keep up the tracking of this workout and try to stay motivated ~ ~

Today around 11am ..... I had a small breakfast - Honeynut Cheerios - before going out and starting. I did 6 out of 8 of the jogging intervals, not ALL of them but not bad for me. I am not in the best shape right now but I think I did really well!! I came tired and hot and sweaty but satisfied with myself. Oh and by the way, I started my monthly yesterday too, so keep that in mind!

After I cooled down and showered, I made breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled with onions and peppers and bacon crumbles with a piece of toast with peanut butter and a glass of apple juice - I finished most of it. I think I need to retrain my body to eat as well and cut down on the sweets and sugary.

Now I'm off to Sur la Table to get some vanilla paste and maybe an ice cream maker - not sure yet got to check the price. I've been craving making my own Ice Cream and frozen yogurt. I'll let you know!

No comments: